Monday, October 6, 2008

Blah, I messed up my Advent Software interview. They quizzed me with ibanking logic games (of which I got 2 out of 3 correctly) and a bunch of IT questions for the second round. I can never figure out how well I do in on site interviews I mean, what the hell do they judge on really? Now that I've been turned down, I think back, and I guess I've made a number of mistakes like,
1. my major accomplishment is not major enough
2. overtalking
3. overthinking/ nervous
4. did not ask for business cards to follow up/ unable to express desire for position
5. not well prepared enough for the tech quiz (especially the VPN, MySQL and Network drive parts, all of which I am least familiar with)
6. not overhearing a phone conversation from the employees to see what it's like to work there
7. they called my previous employer and he gave me a bad reference.

Union Bank of California totally pissed me off. And I single handedly threw Wells Fargo away long before that.
This is terrible.
It's not like I'm stupid, but why all the bad luck?
Because with all the overqualified peeps being laid off by good firms, they are filling up the lower ranks and killing prospects for me. I have no edge because I have no experience.
Great.

P.S. for my major accomplishment I think I have to bring my language skills next time. Something like, with a very unique and unparalled education/ growth environment I was in, I was able to handle multiple international languages as I grow up, which is a very hard to achieve goal/level for other people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mellow,
I have been researching Collins & Kent International regarding Art Investments. Your comments on '90 million....blog' lead me to you, the only person I can contact. Can we talk about this? I can be contacted on volitans.gc@gmail.com

Regards
Garry