Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I just realized that I've been thinking about the same thing I've already written about 5 months ago. There we go, I wanted to write down my experiences interviewing for entry-level jobs. Fresh grads from bottom of the top tier universities, here we go!

1. First I think I need put down a list of companies that I've interviewed for.
2. A section on government jobs- the process of applying, waiting for exam/interview notification/salary ladder. I have not attended any exams and have not been involved in any government work thus far so my opinion on this topic is very limited. Additional insights are encouraged!
3. Finance & Accounting jobs- which industries hire the most people and what are few of the companies around that are actively recruiting either across the country or in California.
4. Job placement companies- what are temp jobs? what are the big finance & accounting placement companies? (RemX, Robert Half, etc) My experience with temp companies.
5. Insurance, sales, being aware of pyramid schemes, money sucking traps.
6. What is the insurance industry like? State exams, what are their closing rate (33%)
7. Financial advisor/planner- what is that all about? Wealth management.
8. What does it mean to be a "Financial Analyst"?
9. What does it mean to be a "Business (Systems) Analyst"?
10. What's Big 4? What's tax and audit? What's CPA? Non CPA accounting routes?
11. CFA vs. MBA?
12. Craigslist- 90% of time a waste of time. Posting your resume on craigslist.

.

No comments: